March 26, 2014

Third World

Bearded man



This isn’t some typical poetry for your children.

This is some advice for some 6.5 billion.

This is for the masses that need some positive feelings.

For all the people who can’t stand Uncle Sam’s dealings.

These politicians only got my people reeling.

Back on our heels, and inflated to the ceiling.

Only numbers that don’t go up is our hourly pay.

And yet we’re expected to make it day by day.

No one is listening to what the people have to say.

This is supposed to be democracy, you say?

This is the struggle. American third world country.

Forgive me for not feeling that the life I live is lovely.

How can I, when my family is constantly struggling?

Ain’t no way we can make it, my babies are going hungry.

All because Daddy doesn’t make enough money.








No comments:

Post a Comment